Southern Nevada Culinary &
Bartenders Pension Plan

Welcome Retirees!

This section is meant to help you in finding the information you need in order to maintain your paperwork current at the Pension Office.

If at any time you find that you are not able to find the information you require, please contact us at the Pension Office for assistance.

(We are providing you with important information that you will need to be aware of as Retirees/Beneficiaries.)

Certification Statement (Eligibility to Continue to Receive Benefits)

  • Every year, you will receive a Certification Statement. It will be sent to you according to the first letter of your last name.
    Alphabet Letter Mailed in the Month Of Return Date
    A - B
    D - E
    F - G
    H - I - J
    K - L
    N - O - P
    Q - R
    T - U - V
    W - X - Y - Z
    April 1
    May 1
    June 1
    July 1
    August 1
    September 1
    October 1
    November 1
    December 1
    January 1
    February 1
    March 1
  • If you do not return your Certification Statement by the Return Date, your future monthly checks will be held until the Certification Statement is received by the Pension Office.
  • Make sure your Certification Statement is completed correctly.
  • Your signature MUST BE either: (1) notarized; OR (2) witnessed by a Plan Representative (free) at the Pension Office. If you live out of town, and are unable to come to the Pension Office, your signature must be notarized.
  • Citizenship & Resident Status: Make sure that all boxes have been checked off. State if you are/are not living in the USA; and if you are/are not a citizen of the USA.
  • Address & Telephone: You must provide your current address and telephone number.

Letter of Approval

  • Please keep the original letter for your records.

Retirement Declaration Statement

  • Please keep your copy of the Retirement Declaration Statement for your records

Pension Benefit Statement

  • Carefully look over your pension check and make sure that all information is correct.
  • Your pension check will be mailed before the 1st day of each month.
  • If you do not receive your pension check by the 15th of the month and it is considered lost or stolen, you will need to provide the Pension Office with a written statement stating that you did not receive your check or that the check was stolen. The Pension Office will place a stop payment on that check and issue a replacement check as soon as possible. If you receive the original check after the stop payment has been placed, it must be returned to the Pension Office immediately. Stop payment requests will not be accepted by telephone.
  • If your pension check is returned to the Pension Office from the Post Office, we will contact you immediately.
  • Your pension check will be "VOID" 90 days from the date of issue.

Change fo Address / Change in Personal Status

  • Address changes, or changes in your personal status must be provided to the Pension Office in writing or in person. Changes will not be accepted by telephone. Print out the Change of Address Form and mail it to the Pension Office, or you can come to the Pension Office in person to change it.
  • The Pension Office must have your current address, even if your pension check is directly deposited to your bank, because the Pension Office provides informational mailings throughout the year.
  • Address changes must be reported by the 10th of the month to provide delivery to your new address.

Federal Witholding Tax

  • Pension is considered ordinary income for income tax purposes and it is the your responsibility to check the Internal Revenue Service Law on tax requirements as it applies to your pension. Please see our Forms and Documents section to view tax notices.
  • Every January, you will receive a pension earnings statement 1099-R with your retirement income for the year.
  • Every December, you will receive a notice of your right to change your tax withholding election.
    (Note: You may change your tax withholding election at any time by printing and mailing the Annual Notice of Tax Withholding Election to the Pension Office, or by requesting the appropriate form from the Pension Office.)

Culinary Health Benefits / Self-Payments for Retirees

For information regarding Health Benefits or Self-payments, as a retiree, please contact the Culinary Health Office:.

  • By phone: (702) 733-9938
  • Website:
  • In person:
    1901 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Suite 107,
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
    M-F 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
    (St. Louis Square, across from the Stratosphere)

In the Event of Death

  • Pension payments stop with the payment due on the 1st day of the month following death. The Pension Office must be advised immediately in the event of a death.